Tuesday 1 September 2015

August | Monthly Top 5


Hola!

I spent quite a lot of August on holiday, so it seemed to absolutely fly past! I'm trying to hold on to summer as I'm really not much of a cold weather person (despite being born in winter!) so I'm not looking forward to the cold, and not least school, eugh, so I'm going to talk you through my top 5 favourite beauty bits from August.


5. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer
I bought this on a limb as I needed a new one to take on holiday as my old one was running out fast, so I grabbed this in Sainsbury's and I'm pretty impressed. It's not one I've heard many people talking about but I think it does a decent enough job. It's very brightening without being shimmery and highlighting so you can still use it on spots as well as under the eyes. It's not very high coverage and doesn't last all that well so you need it in your handbag if you're going out, but it's perfect handbag size and the packaging won't get squashed or broken, so overall I'm impressed.


4. Barry M Gelly Hi-shine nail polish in Huckleberry
I've heard so many good things about these polishes that I just had to give one a try, being the nail polish junkie that I am! I love the shade, it's a perfect pastel blue that really works a tan, always a plus, and the formula is good too. I think my expectations were a little too high as without a topcoat, this is how they held up after 1 week:


Not awful and with a top coat it did survive a little longer (yes I did wear it twice in 6 weeks!) but for what is supposed to be like a gel manicure, I would have hoped for a little better but hey, the pigmentation is pretty good and the shade range is amazing so I'm not complaining!



3. MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Undressed
I looked through some of my past favourites and couldn't believe that I hadn't mentioned it in one before! I've had it for at least 9 months, if not a year, and have loved it since I got it, so why I can't find it in a favourites I don't know. It's supposedly a dupe for the original Naked palette, which I really don't have the budget for, and it looks like it has the same shade range, which is the main thing I love about it. It has such a diverse range of natural, wearable colours that you can make work day or night no matter the occasion. They are a little chalky but if you use a good cream base then you can't go wrong for £4 for 12 eye shadows!!


2. Barry M Matte top coat
I've been eyeing this up for a long time as I love matte effect anyway, so matte nail polish is a dream to me, but I didn't want to end up buying duplicate shades but in matte, so this was the perfect solution! It goes on like a normal topcoat and the dries matte, and it dries really fast. I have found that it gradually gets some shine after about a week, but I have only used it with the Gelly polish I mentioned earlier, so maybe the effect will last longer over different formulas. The overall wear of it as a protective topcoat was really good, I had very minimal chips which is fantastic, so I would definitely recommend it!



1. Topshop lipstick in Naturist
I'm in love with this lipstick. I've worn it almost every day since I got it and will continue to wear it into the autumn. It's such a gorgeous browny-nude that compliments every skin tone and every makeup look no matter what season. It's really moisturising as it's a satin to matte finish and it's fairly long lasting (though you'll need to re-apply after a meal) and it doesn't wear or dry strangely like some formulas do. It's also sheer but easily buildable, I just love everything about it and would highly recommend it so everyone!

So that's what I've been loving in August, let me know in the comments what you're favourite thing has been this summer, not necessarily beauty related, and I'll see you in a new post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment