Sunday 16 March 2014

Sources

Now, before you make any assumptions of this being a boring bibliography that no one is actually going to read, I promise it will definitely be worth the read. Then again, I would, wouldn't I?

Anyway, the point of this is to share with you where I get a lot of my tips and tricks from, besides my own brain!

~Vogue Make-up~
This has been a complete bible for me, and is the reason I recently (about a month ago) went from thinking I knew everything about beauty, when believe me, I really didn't, to actually having a clue and now taking a full make up kit (emery board, cotton bud, the full monty!) with me and caring about my appearance! It is thanks to this book that I realised that I did actually need a moisturiser and that the "natural look" means a bit more than just lip balm. Basically, what I am trying to say is that without this book I would be nowhere in the world of beauty and, quite frankly, this blog would not exist (although people like Zoella, Sprinkleofglitter and Tanya Burr are also a massive inspiration too). So, if you have any interest in make up, skin care or nails, I can't recommend this highly enough!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vogue-Make-up-Juliet-Cohen/dp/1844421023

~The Wah Book of Nail Art~
Speaking of nails, this book was a present from a friend who new I had a huge interest in nail art, so decided I would like it. At first I wasn't too sure, but now I live it! What it is is a book by nail design company Wah Nails of Nail Art tutorials for beginners and more experienced nail artists. It is a wonderful book and Georgia, if you're reading this, thank you loads!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WAH-Nails-Book-Nail-Art/dp/1742703208

~BLISS Magazine~
My favourite teen mag, their fashion and beauty sections are absolutely FAB! They taught me how to do proper mani pedis (which I intended to post my version of at some stage) and the advice is very useful. They also do a 'tried and tested' feature, in which they get one of the team to try out three similar products and feed back what they think of each, which I think is a wonderful idea as it is coming from someone who has actually used the product and can give an honest review. The fashion is always so up to date and on trend, this is a monthly essential for me!
http://www.mybliss.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment