Sunday 29 June 2014

Nails | Tips & Tricks

Hola!
So, here we are, the last tips and tricks! I hope you've liked this series and found it useful. Let me know if you did :) We've gone through pretty much every aspect of make up, so I thought I'd switch it up and end on nails...

•Don't use nail clippers on our finger nails-this will encourage breakage. Toe nails are stronger so clippers are ok to use for your feet. 
•Avoid using nail varnish removers that have acetone in them-this will dry out your nail and make it brittle. 
•When you're filing your nails, don't run the nail file backwards and forwards across the nail-this will make the nail much easier to break. Instead, use single strokes in one direction from one side of your nail, then the other. 
•Only buff your nails once a week-if you do it more often than that, it will weaken the nail loads and make it thin and feeble.
•Avoid applying more than 4 coats of nail varnish-despite what you might think, the more coats you apply, the more easily it will chip. 

So this is it for my tips and tricks. Don't forget to check out my first ever YouTube video (youtube.com/alisonsbudgetbeauty) if you haven't already. Now, if you read my blog regularly, you might be expecting a monthly favourites this week, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint. I have exams almost every day this week, so because of revision and a slightly pushy dad, I'm going to be spending my time revising not blogging this week. It's not what I would like to do, but it's what I've got to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment