Sunday 31 August 2014

August | Monthly Top 5

Hola!
Another month gone, another monthly top five. You know the drill by now, so I'm just going to get straight into it.

5. Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover
There's not much to say about this, other than it works! It takes some work to get waterproof mascara off, but it comes off eventually. It's nice and gentle on my eyes, and I would recommend it, especially if you've got sensitive skin or eyes. 


4. Mylene Klass nail wraps
I like these simply because they're so quick and easy to apply. No drying time and no chipping. Brilliant! I did try having them on my toes when on my holiday, but they didn't survive a swim in the sea, sadly, but they don't always peel too much. So, if you hate painting your nails but still want some colour or even patterns, then I would highly recommend nail wraps.


3. MUA Highlighter in Iridescent Gold
This is my first ever highlighter and I really like it. It adds a really subtle shimmer and glow without making me look like a shiny mirror. It also makes me look a little more awake, which is great, especially before school, when I'm usually still half asleep for the first 3 hours of the day. I also like using a little in the corners of my eye sometimes, for the same reason. It's also only £4, complete bargain!


2. Primark Strappy Sandals
This and the next item are my first ever fashion items I've included in a monthly top 5, and they really deserve it (that sounds odd.....it's not like they're people......anyway...). I took these sandals away on holiday with me, which is where I fell in love with them. I wore them everywhere: to the shops, into town, out to dinner, to a market, everywhere! They are so easy to dress down with shorts and a t-shirt/vest top or dress up with a plain maxi dress. They look gorgeous with everything and I can't wait to wear them next summer, that is, if they still fit...


1. Primark Mini Satchel
I. Love. This. Bag. If you know me, then you'll know I have a huge obsession with bags (and shoes....but mainly bags.... *sighs* .....), so when I can choose a favourite above the rest of my collection, it must be good. And it is. I've been trying to downsize the amount I carry with me in my handbag, especially to take on holiday as they take up room in the case, and this bag has seriously helped. It may look small, but I can fit a surprising amount in it, exactly what I need in fact. So I'm no longer carrying around pointless bits and bobs with the excuse "just in case". I used it everyday on holiday and continue to now I'm home. And to top it all off, it was only £6!!!! Yay!


So those are my favourite things from august. More posts (and maybe some sneaky videos...) coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment